August 16, 2010

Play nice

I feel like every year around this time some sort of military-inspired trends start to trickle in. Right now I'm noticing more army green parkas and camo prints than ever before. Call me trendy, but I want in (plus I could use a new coat)! One thing I learned from my mom growing up was that green, particularly more earthy shades, work well with blonde hair...so let me at it! These are a few of the winners in my book.









Edun parka, Browns; APC Fall '10; Junya Watanabe jacket, Colette; Henrik Vibskov Spring '11; Topshop Cape Jacket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

From a fashion designers point of view: Camouflage is always a strong topic for autumn`s collections. So you will defo hit the trend. The first design is my favorite with the jigsaw patchwork optic.

K A T H L E E N said...

ohh i love this look, fab for fall!
come follow me xoxo

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

i've missed you!!! military stuff is the best cause you don't have to get $$$ fashiony shit, you just pick up the real deal at a surplus store. my vintage WWII army parka will never ever ever be tossed out.

Kay Richardson said...

Wow. BUT ... what if you go for a walk in the woods? The camouflage might mean you're lost? It's a thought.

Sarah said...

I love the Watanabe creation with the pleats. The collar would make for a great modern-day headless horseman impersonation (if the occassion would ever call for it!)

Emily said...

we are absolutely lusting the army inspired looks as well.. picked up an amazing army jacket from LF! Check it out on:

www.lovelywanderlust.com

Ally said...

LOVE these, especially the Junya one. Good to see you back, hope you had a lovely break :)

Maria said...

All of these are so rad, I have one military jacket that is really basic but I think it would be really easy to sew into a cape!