July 13, 2011

Walk the talk

Excuse me while I do a little bit of NYC appreciation here. Even though both of these pieces of awesomeness were created by non-New Yorkers, they both were inspired by the great stinky fun-filled metropolis. The designers of accessories label Cast of Vices, out of LA, took your typical NYC bodega plastic bags and turned them into stunning embossed leather shoppers. Now you can carry your six pack home in style. Final Episode has em available for preorder!



Back in the fall, I posted a preview of the Keith Haring by Nicholas Kirkwood collection in all its insanity. Fast forward to now, and I noticed this wedge pump style has popped up at Colette. Honestly these are better than the early previews! It was 1986 when Haring opened his concept pop-up boutique in Soho selling items bearing his designs. Who would have thought some 25 years later his work could still generate this much hype...amazing when you think about it (these are going for over $1200).



8 comments:

Claire M. said...

I like the leopard shoes ;)

Megan Hattie said...

whoa, such a classy bag! and those shoes are AMAZING

cheers,
--Megan//The Martian Tide

Sarah Alison said...

that bag is great. it sort of reminds me of the Coco Chanel "take away" purse, which would make for a great diy!

mar said...

Over $1200? Whaat?
Well i really like the shape of these babies!

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

They've had the Cast of Vices bags available at A+R for a while! I got mine there. The bag is A LOT softer and thinner than you'd expect. Nice and scrunchy like a real plastic bag haha.

roxanne said...

i can never bring myself to carry a purse, which always leaves me with no choice but to carry things in plastic bags when the going gets rough. i should definitely just skip the middle step and get the leather plastic bag.

Amanda said...

ooh sweet, thx for the tip jayne!!

A La Mode said...

I'm so loved up over the Keith Haring X Nicholas Kirkwood collection. I want the i insane thigh high roller booties!