October 17, 2011

Puffy

Man, halloween can be a stumper. I have a lot of awesome ideas, but am limited due to a combo of laziness and budget. A few of my ideas though rely on the "hair" being the main selling point of the costume, like an ice cream cone or dandelion. In the process of researching, I rediscovered the Spring '08 show from japanese designer mercibeaucoup, where models donned puffy pastel hairpieces in shapes like bows, stars, and bunny ears. I'm definitely inspired.. whether or not that will motivate me to go all Edward Scissorhands on a wig is yet to be seen!










via here and here

2 comments:

Erica Seulki said...

love this concept of hair as ornament/another piece to the silhouette!!!!!

Sóley said...

My oh my.... top picture bunny is the awesomest thing I've seen in a while.
I do like making hair the main focus. Maybe because all my clothes are grey....

Anyway, I'm following.
Here's mine
www.wearepurple.blogspot.com