January 08, 2012

Under the Sea

The man, the myth, the legend...KARL. I don't know how he does it season after season. For Chanel's spring extravaganza he found his inspiration in a place where the sun don't shine. No, not THAT place you freak...I'm talking beyond the depths of the glistening ocean, far down where nature so elegantly takes its course. Think the fantasy of Little Mermaid meets the shimmering magic that is Glinda, the good witch from Wizard of Oz. Silvers and whites and iridescence formed the collection around a set only Karl could pull off. But beyond the clothing, the hair as an accessory, body jewelry and makeup really kicked some serious mother-of-pearl ass.












via Elle

4 comments:

A La Mode said...

Those multiple pearl ear piercings are the bomb!

Anonymous said...

I agree, the hair in this collection was so good. Those pearls.. and the sequins and all the light shine.. AH, pretty much every girl's dream? I feel like most of us could find SOMETHING we'd like in this collection.

m.corbett said...

awww the pearls in their hair look like little snow drops <3 xx

Suzanne said...

Ahh, I agree, though I must say, this time, the hair and make-up has been at it's all time high! It's too good. I also loved when they did those black lines in the center partition of the hair. That was lovely too