November 07, 2011

Do your thing

Rough around the edges, hardened by city life and that 9 to 5 grind...I'm more inspired by the raw and real these days than a retail catalog. So I found myself in New Jersey last weekend at the Exxxotica Expo, supporting my good friend, photographer Ellen Stagg, who had a booth this year. It was intriguing to see this world summed up in a few aisles at a convention center. That and the people watching....and I thought NYC had interesting characters.






JPeople Mag & Quafle

11 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

I love the first girl's style, it has a kind of urban tribal feel! I want all her necklaces!

http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/
http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/

Six Six Sick said...

Holy shit that must have been crazy people watching. I can't even imagine what that looks like. Or maybe I can.
xx
Tiffany

Bad Thoughts said...

in the last photo the girl sitting down is a performance artist who assumes the role of each sub group, for this is was hispanics. she has also done, the black gangsters, japanese school girls, old people and others. she her self is asian. her name is Niki Lee.

Suzanne said...

old school naomi <3

weloveebay said...

love the last one

Strawberry Freckleface said...

That last photo is beyond. Love it. Seriously love it.

Magnet said...

wow, I really, really like the last photo.

noura. said...

fuckk that's cool

etoilee8 said...

I know exactly what you mean about feeling more inspiration from real, raw life than catalogues and such. I don't know if it's pinterest, blogging or just me but lately . . . I've been feeling rather uninspired. Maybe I just need to get out more.

DREAMY said...

lovely your blog so hard.

ZSXK said...

Real Solid. Photos are brutal.