February 23, 2012

Succulents

I have a confession to make. I'm sort of addicted to succulents...you know those plants so cute you want to squeeze their cheeks (except the cacti, you don't want to do that). Since moving into a new apartment in December, my roommate and I have gone a bit succulent crazy over here. And with that comes the need for stuff to pot them in. I tend to prefer simple white ceramic pots, but then I saw these works of genius. The artist, Rachel Mahlke, wanted to emphasize the fearless & glamorous woman when she decided to repurpose stripper heels, but I just see two of my favorite things living as ONE.






10 comments:

sarahtheda said...

OMG; I love that!!!



http://kaleidoscopicvisio.blogspot.com/

Jade said...

Fuuuuck I want this SO badly. I can just imagine a little cute cactus in my bedroom. Also, the heel on that last picture.....is it me or does it look like a gun?

Amanda said...

Yth- that last heel IS a gun. it's sold, but she might be able to make another.

Blackie and Blondie said...

woow they are sick!

Faten said...

loool cool idea very humorous aswell <3

http://halwasat-faten.blogspot.com/

Tribute to the Tribe said...

Woaw! Such a great idea

prestiti said...

fantastic, i love that!!!!
Sara M. prestiti

SPYT said...

i love succulents too! the most creative planter i have is a glow-in-the-dark mini skull from a halloween party, but this is WAY cool.

Suzanne said...

Ahhh, this is definitely the perfect mix - I live for this stuff! :)

Victoria Monasterio said...

Amazing!!