June 10, 2008

Telfar

I was browsing through my bookmarks upon bookmarks of interesting finds I often forget about, and came upon Telfar, a young NYC designer who's pretty new to the fashion game. His Spring 2008 "post-apocalyptic tribal" collection focuses on bare-bones design, using earth colors and natural fabrics. He somehow manages to make all this look extremely modern, with multiple ways of wearing each piece. One accessory in the collection that might be useful in a post-apocalypse: the flask necklace designed for long waterless walks through the desert (or on a bar/pub crawl through the city). I see myself getting plenty of use out of that one, and his clothes look easy enough to wear without looking like you're "trying too hard"- a constant struggle of the fashion-crazed set.











No comments: