December 25, 2009

Holi-dazed

I'm home for the holidays, and my ears are ringing, not from falalalalaing, but from my mom screaming on the floor above trying to figure out whos laundry is whos. Merry Christmas! I tried to stay off the internet, I really did, but I ended up browsing a bunch last night, seeing who was already getting their sale game on. I saw this Nike Northern Lights jacket on SSENSE that is pretty dope- the colors are stunning and Dec 25 approved.



Ann-Sofie Back has been on my mind a lot lately. It's like I'm going through Ann withdrawal since she was absent last season to do her first collection for Cheap Monday. She just confirmed on her Facebook page that she'll be back at London Fashion Week to show her Fall 2010 collection in February- can't wait! Looking back on some of her recent work, I stop at these striped dresses she did for Spring 09 a lot. I guess I'm predictable in that I like b&w and twists on classics.



So of course I'm eying this Topshop dress (below) cause it reminds me of lot of those two dresses. Coincidentally Back is doing another mini collection for Topshop that will be in stores January 6. So far I've just seen a few slashed pieces on Stylebubble, similar to the sliced-up looks she did for Fall 09, but I'm hoping there's more to the range than that (some scary sweaters maybe!?).



I was in a Target near my parent's house yesterday. Man it was a scary sight to be there hours before they close on Christmas Eve. I saw the Rodarte for Target stuff and was honestly a little meh about what was left, but I did find some yellow/green ombre tights instead. I still plan on attempting some homemade versions with vegetable dyes but these ain't bad for $5.



Expensive and socks are two words that just don't go together, but this Tsumori Chisato moon print is seriously irresistible.



Looking at amazing socks got me thinking- what a waste if you can't see them in all their glory (I guess this is why socks with open-toed shoes are finally becoming acceptable). Apparently someone made some clear boots but no idea where these are from, other than a crochet blog that used the pic to rip the very idea apart. I'm sure if Jil Sander or Comme des Garcons did some clear boots, they would be ace.

13 comments:

Leslie said...

dude. saran wrap heels??? i always miss things when i scroll through ann-sofie back collections even if i've scrolled through them like 8 gajillion times. those are so baddass and the dresses are pretty amazing too.

i'm glad she's showing again, it sucked to see both her and armand basi missing from fashion month.

- leslie , jellybones.net/blog

Unknown said...

i thought rodarte was a bit meh too but then i tried it on and it looked a lot better off the rack. i got a bunch of the stuff and the tights and knee socks and i can wait to layer the tule and lace n shit in the michigan weather! it's nice being outside of nyc for the target stuff cause it's rarely picked over hah. i am back on monday in nyc though and i want to see you amanda!!! xoxo

A said...

try googling regia turbo boots

Jessie said...

I used to have a pair of clear, doc-knock-off boots back in the mid-90s. They were like foot saunas but I loved them and wish I still had them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew said...

ckear lace up boots, such a great idea

Hawa said...

i love the clear boots hahaha, it sounds crazy at first but i would so wear them, it could start a whole new culture of socks, dont you think??

Ally said...

Clear boots are such a great idea, and I LOVE the moon socks.

VIRGO said...

clear boots!!!
sexy muthafukrz!

Haley said...

i loved the rodarte socks& tights

A La Mode said...

oh my god, those tights and boots are AMAZING!
Desperately want some see through boots now xox

etoilee8 said...

I almost bought the top version of that striped Ann Sofie dress on the left. I kind of kick myself for passing it up, it was on super sale at Tres Bien shop.

IRIS and PIETER said...

ah omgz i want that last see-through boots! love it so much!