December 03, 2009

Tough skin

When it's not quite freeze your ass off weather, but it's still chilly, playing the layering game is essential, especially with the way they heat or fail to heat a lot of buildings in this city. Most of the time, I lack motivation to really get creative in this area, but that's where vests come into the picture. I've long past the days of sleeveless raver puffers, but I'm all about some leather + fur. Anica boutique in SF has a great in-house line and they just put out these two reversible faux fur vests I'm digging (both are $150). I love the way they fall on the body and I think they'd look great over a lightweight jacket or over a t-shirt with a coat thrown on top.



5 comments:

DDW said...

Unless they were made of real fur/leather, I wouldn't bother paying $150 for those... they look like you could easily make them yourself for way less money. Just semi-circles with holes cut in them!

Amanda said...

true, but i don't how much they paid for the fur/leather...in any case, like the look of it

DDW said...

Yeah, it looks like it would make a great layering piece! Inspiration for a DIY, is my feeling.

Pennerad said...

wow. those look awesome. and they're faux, which will maybe get ppl off my back about fur. not into the fur 'trend' this season, but this might just be on the safe side of 'cool'.

Teresa said...

Wow, these are really gorgeous! $150 is not bad. Definitely added to wishlist!

http://www.invasionista.com