September 03, 2010

The morning after

A couple weeks ago, Ann-Sofie Back presented her first full collection for Cheap Monday in Stockholm. With Back being one of my favorite modern designers, and Cheap Monday being a line I've eagerly watched grow over the past few years, Spring 2011 hit a mark I'll be happy to indulge in next season. Back looked at Latin and LA denim trends this season for inspiration, and somehow managed to successfully fuse these tacky influences into all the elements you would expect from Cheap Monday and more: looks that are casual, sexy and a bit rough around the edges. The clear pvc boots used in the show were perfect at completing the "GET it girl!" vibe, and I encourage you to watch the show video complete with waterfront runway and late 90s dancehall tunes.























6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh pvc shoes, YES!
im gonna try and elaborate on those and my earlier ones...
- Matea

Unknown said...

I loved Cheap Monday Fashion Show, It was just perfect with the water, the rain, all the stylish swedish people around. Perfect!

http://www.tardeotemprano.net/stockholm-fashion-week-ss-2011-cheap-monday/

3253128 said...

fucckkkk me. so good.

GREEDS said...

So sleek + sexy, I love it!

http://www.itsgreeds.blogspot.com

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

that last look is my favorite. i'm into those boots, but i wish they weren't so pointy. imagine the shit we could get away with in europe.

Oracle Fox said...

Freaking insane I want everything!! The makeup is amazing very nude and almost glossy. Awesome blog!

http://oraclefox.blogspot.com/

x