August 15, 2008

Acid Fries Your Brain

I don't usually like doing posts about things I DON'T like, because there are other snarky blogs for that. This was something that needed spotlighting though. If you follow fashion or look up from the sidewalk when you're walking around the city, you've probably noticed that women's pants are getting wider. This isn't anything new, but rather a sign we've come full circle. Well, let me warn you. If other designers start trying to outdo each other like when skinny jeans just kept getting skinnier, there will be lots of preppy ravers walking around your town— and that is a style I'd rather not revisit. These pants by VPL are a prime example of the coming apocalypse. Look familiar?

4 comments:

Donna A. said...

Ahhh, taking me back to the teenage years. Ohboy. I'm sure we'll be able to say the same thing/find examples for a lot of the most recent trends.

Amanda said...

Yes true. I think this one scares me just a bit, because of the things it reminds me of. Maybe for people who don't have bad rave memories, or who are too old to relate, would like these. Of course, it's just my opinion and I'm sure a designer will make a not-too-wide version I will admit to liking.

Samantha Smikle said...

reminds me of these jnco pants i had when i was in like the 7th grade! terrible. at least i knew proportions then and wore them with a baby tee hahaha :)

Unknown said...

grosstown