July 12, 2010

Handheld party

An accidental trip to the Virtual Shoe Museum led me to these insane Game Boy platforms that Helen Red Richards designed for Nintendo's 2001 Style Campaign. The $2000 shoes with removable color-coordinated Game Boys (apparently you could buy these??) were described by Nintendo as being for the "club kids with attention deficit disorder." I can picture the scenario going something like this: [club kid 1] "This DJ sucks man!" [club kid 2] "I don't feel these pills working yet." [club kid 3] "Wanna play my Game Boys? I have two :)"







7 comments:

Tiaz said...

pokemon. ouhhh these boots will hurt my wallet very badly. :)

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

haha that's where i saw the platform converses! there's such ugly shit on that site.

Sorcha said...

Oh those Pikachu platforms are amazing!

tiana said...

these are insane! not sure if i mean that in complimenting way or not hahaha
and i love your blog! following :)

www.tianapetrullo.blogspot.com

amythewolf said...

these rule. HAHAHAHA YES

K A T H L E E N said...

wow these are so neat!

Sarah said...

I think the Pikachu just nudges it out from absurd to totally amazing.