January 25, 2011

Blingers

I've wanted a nameplate necklace for a really long time, and it has nothing to do with a certain Carrie Bradshaw. In fact I didn't even want my name, in part because there's too many jerkfaces in the sea of millions here that would abuse that. I guess I wanted something more, er, "clever"? I forget where I saw it, probably some recent editorial, but the model had a nameplate necklace that said "Nobody." That was my AHA moment, so as soon as I had the chance, I headed down to Chinatown, and ordered up "Somebody." I'm kind of a smartass so it suits me well!



While i'm on this topic of shiny bold lady jewelry, I've been coming across some pretty sweet big earrings lately. I'm usually more of a tiny stud person myself (I have these silver cubes that have not left my ears), but look at these hoops...nothing but net!




Mouth hoop earrings, Aurélie Bidermann; Perspex phone earrings, Holly Fulton

Then there's this amazing piece from Ann-Sofie Back I spotted at Daily Projects that I don't remember seeing in her Fall collection. I don't even understand how this stays on your ear but it's totally badass! Instant sci-fi elf status.


10 comments:

m.corbett said...

THE EAR CUFF! !! oh myyyy x x x
could be a chinese throwing star in disguise and no one would ever know! brilliant

Cara said...

Gah, that ear cuff is beyond amazing <3

josephine said...

holy mother of hell that ear cuff is the business!

MaryBeth said...

I like how you said, NO NOT CARRIE :)

xoxo
MB

joy said...

Is it weird I like the mouth hoops the best because they make me the most uncomfortable?

laura said...

whoa the ear piece is grrreat, little batman-ish huhh

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

I don't know why I can't stop myself from buying every single piece of Back.

ps. you ARE somebody!

Taj said...

it was Pelayo and yes it inspired me to get one 2!!!! http://www.katelovesme.net/2010/11/i-feel-what-i-listen-to-8.html

Prad Savania said...

Those Gold Mouth Earrings look Amazing.....

Come sneak a peek at my shoe design blog too...? Think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Take care x

Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

Amber Nofetari said...

Ahahaha 'somebody' that made me chuckle . Sounds like something I would do, I need me a name necklace. Cheers!