February 22, 2011

Step into liquid

Yo, WHAT? 2011, is that you? I knew you were here all along, it just took London to shake things up as always. When people talk about this idea of "the future", this is the kind of weird shit they dream up...the stuff that is actually motivated by science. Christopher Kane was just the creative vessel to bring it to life. I can clearly remember repeatedly pressing my little sticky kid fingers into oily stickers on my trapper keeper, almost willing them to burst open, even though I probably would've cried if that happened. The black dresses with colorful, liquid-filled plastic trim were crazy awesome, but I'm looking forward to the concept finding its way into many more accessories at the retail level. Big kid pencil case purses: I'm for it!






vogue.com

12 comments:

Ally said...

I had a feeling you would love this! Kane did good, such a genius idea

A La Mode said...

This collection is way way way amazing!

said...

i had something like this bag when i was in school, pencil bag (:


dieslowdieslow.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Whoa, I love it!

http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

lysergic.kitty said...

that! is so cool.

joy said...

Yum! I want the tank top.

Daniella said...

how insane is this collection! so good.
ps- i took that photo of that girl in the red jacket at sainsburys (from vice style) you posted a few posts down haha!

Style Target said...

INSANELY Innovative Stylisation from my paisan Christopher Kane. The Future of now.. Where's my pink hover board?

Anonymous said...

Oh this is fantastic never seen this before

Michelle said...

i call them memory squiggles...

Careers In Fashion said...

I think I did have a pencil case just like this purse. However, it is not a look I am quite ready to revisit although I do appreciate this bold step into the future.

Unknown said...

In regards to present day fashion, the fitness world has created a craze of certain items such as gym tank tops and yoga pants that are worn as casual wear by many people on a daily basis, whether they attend a gym or not.
tank top