May 14, 2009

Soldier shoulder

It's kind of funny to think women wore shoulder pads in the 80s to look professional and "powerful." Now Balmainia is upon us, which has seen the return of the trend on teeny weeny "dresses," but I much prefer Margiela's take on the structured shoulder. It's been his signature for many seasons now, and although I love the squared-off capes and jackets he's done over the years, I find the sharp-shouldered tees the most striking.





I'm going to try this with some of my oversized t-shirts and found these foam shoulder pads that stay in place with your bra. Maybe I'm totally out of the loop but that's a pretty great idea. This site sells a range of shapes to play with from more natural forms to more exaggerated boxy shapes like the style below on the right.

photo cred: style.com + coutorture

1 comment:

amythewolf said...

haha yeahhhh hell yeah