May 25, 2009

Treasure hunting

On Saturday, me and a friend hopped on our bikes to finally hit up the much talked about Brooklyn Flea in Fort Greene. I sort of knew what to expect so I wasn't shocked or disappointed when I found that a lot of things were not priced very flea market friendly. I mean we were in the middle of Brooklyn, not in some random hick town so I wasn't exactly expecting a "steal." With that said, I still spotted some rad stuff and plan on going back again in a few weeks.









Pretty much the only stuff I was really into spending money on there was jewelry and housewares. I almost got that lucite cart above but talked myself out of it. A lot of my favorite things there were 60s era including this one vendor that had some amazing 60s spaceage type jewelry.

I got this amazing ashtray but since I don't smoke, I thought I'd use it for jewelry instead. I also picked up those mirrored lennon glasses...they are very MK (aside from the obvious very "lennon").


I had my eyes peeled the whole time for some cool sterling silver rings and in one of the last stalls, I picked up this beauty (on the left). The shape is very prepubescent boob and it's actually hollow so it's not heavy at all.



I couldn't resist this giant rusty safety pin with the number "32" on it that apparently was used as a keyring for some kind of rental lockers in the 40s. I knew when I saw it that I wanted to throw it on a chain. It's on my Rackk and Ruin crystal bullet necklace but I might switch it out to a slightly heavier chain if I find the right one.

3 comments:

DDW said...

Nice finds! Ahhh, a whole stack of OUI...!

molly c said...

i love the layered look with the crystal bullet necklace!! so glad you have added your own touch! xx

molly c said...

i love the layered look with the crystal bullet necklace!! so glad you have added your own touch! xx