May 18, 2009

When I run in the dark



I'm kind of obsessed with Bat For Lashes right now- the artist and the person (who goes by Natasha Khan). It's actually a departure from the music I tend to listen to which these days is mostly made up of the unusual mix of dubstep and stoner metal. I actually didn't get into her until the latest album, Two Suns, which came out in April. Natasha's voice is so haunting and beautiful that it sucked me right into her world of crystal towers and burning rainbows. Fader did a great cover story on Natasha, which you can read about here. I think what also intrigues me so much about her, is how she embodies what she sings about- she's a new age hippie from Brighton, England who grew up reading fairy tales and writing letters to nymphs.

Having a good voice just isn't enough these days, and as you can see from her performance on Letterman a few weeks back, she definitely does not lack stage presence. I think I've watched this video like a dozen times already (watch in HQ).



I took some screenshots to show her awesome/mystical sense of style. It's good to see I'm not the only one with a love of accessories made of hair (evidenced by my recently acquired raven lock necklace from rackkandruin).





There's also a story on The Daily Beast if you are as intrigued as I am by Ms. Natasha Khan.

2 comments:

Vedova Nera said...

I usually listen to nothing but metal and 80's pop, usually showing my hate to today songs as much as I can.
Well, I heard this tune on the radio and it struck me: it sounds so 80's and the voice reminds me of Sinead O'Connor *__*
I actually found out your blog by typing "run in the dark" on Google! ^__^

Anonymous said...

aw what you wrote about her is just amazing. and nails it. her music is so amazing!