October 29, 2008

What you see is what you get

I enjoy hearing fashion designers speak about their work and what sort of process they have in designing their collections. Rad Hourani creates clothing that reflects what he sees in the world around him.

"I started imagining clothes the same way I started creating images: with a sense of curiosity and innocence driven by my no-background background. No school. No teachers. No telly. No boundaries. No formatting. I like the idea of a world that we could live and shape by ourselves, only by observing. Each our own. My clothes have erupted from this world of mine. They are asexual, aseasonal, they come from no place, no time, no tradition, yet they could be home anywhere, anytime. They exude a sense of discreet chic, the essence of timeless style, drawn on a monochromatic and graphical canvas. Palette of blacks, touches of pure whites and intense reds. Sophisticated modern classics for anti-conformist individuals."









No comments: