February 15, 2009

A good start

A week of fashion kicked off Friday in NYC . At least the weather was decent this weekend (for Feb). Here's some stuff from my fave collections so far I'd like to be rocking (or inpired by) this fall:


VPL: This label always impresses me with their innovative designs. The hairy shrug thing was completely left field for them but I love it nonetheless. I'm a sucker for spandex & asymmetry so I'm dying seeing it together in all it's wackiness. That necklace piece is radical beyond words.


Yigal Azrouƫl: Yigal's fall collection had a dark romantic vibe about it: very Misshapes. From elegant simplicity (left) to perfectly layered cold-weather looks, he had something for every affair.

Vena Cava: The prints and zipper details are what stood out to me in this collection (that first dress is so wearable and perfect). I enjoyed the holographic sequins although I wish something more was done with it.


ThreeAsFour: It sounds like the presentation was strange (models pruning bonsai trees to Icelandic music) but I expect that from these guys. The angular looks were inspired by crystals, and these sheer leggings are already on my DIY to-do list.

images from NY Mag

3 comments:

KATLIN said...

Love the necklace from VPL! Really liking all the big statement piece jewelry so far!

Giselle said...

Pretty much all of those are AMAZING. Especially the first and last...I'm a sucker fore asymmetry and sheer fabrics.

-Giselle <3<3<3

Amanda said...

thanks giselle! agreed katlin...the bigger the better.