February 14, 2009

Laura Dawson FW09

After checking out the Transformations opening Thursday night, we ran over to the Red Bull Space in Soho to see the Laura Dawson show. I'm a big fan of this venue, particularly because every party there has a complimentary bar stocked with red bull and liquor. The event was part fashion show, part architectural installation as evidenced by the structural dome courtesy of The Buckminster Fuller Institute. Laura's collection was made up of a lot of loose gray separates and some great black staples. I loved how they did the models hair, although I doubt I'll ever be attempting poodle bangs myself.







I kept it on the comfy tip and opted for my fave vintage sweater over a Whyred jumpsuit.


After the show, I snapped some subway shots of my friends looking amazing in their winter wares.


4 comments:

Giselle said...

lol, I have DEFINITELY had poodle bangs before...

-Giselle <3<3<3

Amanda said...

ah yes you do wear yours like that Giselle--you look hot with that hairdo tho. i'm just so used to straight straight straight I can't imagine mine like that.

VÉ‘le (: said...

Love the outfit of your septum friend ;)

M E L I $ $ A said...

your friend with the septum is a. adorable, b. wearing a sick jacket that i want.