April 26, 2009

From the past


(left, 3.1 Phillip Lim; right, Proenza Schouler)

Tell me this is NOT a coincidence. Two of my favorite looks from spring 09 (above) look like they have a cousin in the form of an 80s scalloped sequin top. After an intense final showdown, I won it on ebay the other night. Fashion fate?


I sort of see a bit of Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures in this top too. It's always great to find something vintage that reminds you of awesome things whenever you wear it. Hopefully I will look half as killer as this chick.

5 comments:

Jackie Backer said...

do you know who those shoes are by that the ebay model is wearing? they're wicked

Amanda said...

not sure jackie! they are pretty rad though. i know i've seen them before- if i come across the brand, i'll let you know.

Sarah A. said...

where is that top from? and can i get those incredible shoes there?

Amanda said...

sarah, it's vintage from ebay (no label) but stay steady on the hunt and another could pop up!

Loes said...

I was like "Wow, that reminds me a bit of Unknown Pleasures!" and then I scrolled down and saw you though the same, haha.