June 23, 2009

Dilated

Last week I went on a little shopping excursion with my buds to Beacons, and we all left with some pretty rad stuff. I found this old Obesity and Speed dress while thoroughly skimming the color-grouped black racks. The banding reminds me of those b&w composition books.


dress, Obesity and Speed; necklace, Rackkandruin; wedges, Minimarket

I also found this epic 90s photoprint eye top that is simultaneously creepy and amazing. It might not be apes or nuclear explosions, but I definitely had Christopher Kane in mind when I spotted this one.


7 comments:

noirohio vintage said...

great finds! I love that first dress

dirtyflaws said...

agreed x

Anonymous said...

Grrrr!! i havent been to beacons yet amanda...i want to go bad i was at buffalo a while ago-i think i still have some money there-you know when you exchange things, haha
oh its me kelsey, i started a new blogger-one without that damn flag..i missed blogger, and if you and hemaly and a whole bunch of bloggers can keep a blogger here and a tumblr wel dammit! so can i haha..
the writer in me missed the typing, on tumblr most people just want to post pictures so i'll keep that as an online collection.
so come by when you want
x

Anonymous said...

cool find!
i def. recognize that dress from one of their earliest collections...wish that the 0&S site still had images of their old stuff.

sarah said...

Amazing dress! Looks great on you!

Amanda said...

thanks guys! burnthesebones: i wish o&s kept up past collections too. i couldn't find the collection it's from.

Yuka said...

such an amazing thrift find!!