June 08, 2009

Kaylee Tankus

When May from Archetype Showroom dropped me a line to tell me about some of the brands they represent, I was immediately drawn to Korean designer Kaylee Tankus. I had heard the name before, most recently from seeing some of her stunning draped pieces at Oak.



What really attracted me to her clothes is that they look casual without sacrificing innovation and style. The first coat is my absolute favorite piece in the fall collection and I can see it being one of those garments that makes any outfit shine, especially with those dreamy eggplant and purple hues. I also am really into the architectural skirts and loose, drapy dresses that look about as comfortable as a nightgown.





6 comments:

DDW said...

Hmm, love the charcoal coat with the waterfall collar.

Anonymous said...

nice to see this label getting a shout-out.
i have one a tankus vest from last fall, it's so perfect and gets so much wear!

cricket said...

just found this amazing website www.identitystreetwear.com they have kaylee tankus...such a fantastic line!

luvsiri said...

very fantastic~!!!! i love soooo much this collection. It's so different and beautiful!!

Amanda said...

thanks for the tip cricket! i had not heard of this store but they have some great stuff.

cricket said...

no problem Amanda! i'm somewhat obsessed with finding great new stores...glad you liked it!