June 12, 2009

Velvet Leaf



I admit I was skeptical at first when a commenter referred me to a new online shop called Identity Streetwear. But I knew it couldn't be half-bad since she said they carried Kaylee Tankus, the Korean line I talked about the other day. In addition to some familiar names like Super, Scout, and Laeken, I was pleased to discover a new one, Velvet Leaf. Started by sisters Laura and Becky Carter in 2006, Velvet Leaf is a certified organic sustainable label based out of California, which makes sense because their aesthetic is delicate and easy, much like the golden state, but still striking and unique. I'd say the Carter sisters are definitely ones to watch, and I hope their talent and passion takes them far, because we really need more interesting sustainable fashion out there!







5 comments:

noirohio vintage said...

definitely loving some of those velvet leaf pieces!

Miann - Fashion Falsehood said...

Nawwwww I remember that Velvet Leaf collection - I used to be so frigging obsessed! Thanks for reminding me of them xx

yui said...

that little tunic dress with the black circle is really nice i want it!

Adele Sliuzas said...

Wow! I love the b&w t-shirt...wish we could get it here in Australia. I cant wait to get to NY and see all the pretty things.

M E L I $ $ A said...

i love the blonde model with the very long hair/extensions