June 10, 2009

Nuclear power

Oh man oh man. Christopher Kane has been on the tip of everyone's tongues lately and once more he is blowing us away, quite literally. Hyper-colored mushroom cloud prints take over soft dresses for Kane's first ever resort collection. The designer talks about how he was so fed up with florals, and then came across images of nuclear test explosions from the 50s to the 70s on the web. "I like the crazy-bright chemical colors. The way they're sinister—but beautiful."





As if I wasn't already pumped for his highly anticipated Topshop collection dropping in September (I have Susie to thank), now I am totally on the edge of my seat. I know he won't disappoint.

4 comments:

DDW said...

The best outfit is the dress and biker jacket in matching mushroom-cloud print--it's genius!

noirohio vintage said...

yessssssss i'm kinda over florals too. this is stellar.
xo

laia. said...

SO IN LOVE

Six Six Sick said...

I'm totally loving this collection too. Cannot wait to see what he does for Topshop!

xxx,
Tiffany