October 04, 2009

Something old something new

Every time a new season kicks in, I get reacquainted with my clothes that haven't seen the light of day in awhile. Mixed in with more recent additions, it gives me the chance to reconfigure my style and figure out what it is I'm trying to say when I get dressed, and what I'm "missing" to do that (don't be fooled, most days I'm saying "I don't care"). For fall I'm really into the idea of a long shirt dress with some cool tights...

dress by Horace via Asos

I've been looking for some orb rings similar to the ones in the Dries Spring '09 show, and I came across these by OngJewelry on an unrelated search. I like the double ball with white gold band the best.



Whenever I look at DROP, I get super inspired. I want to find or make a giant fur bag like hers (could double as a pillow!).



I don't own a pair of creepers, but I'm thinking of getting platform oxfords which is close enough. These blue and yellow lace-ups by Casette Playa for S***R rock my world. They'd be a nice change from all the black shoes I wear.



Scarves you can wear year round are the best accessory. A few designers are doing meshy/netted designs that can be a really cool layering element, and worn a ton of ways.


Fabrics Interseason via Black Market


Takeoffyourclothes

8 comments:

thekatzenjammerkid said...

oh i love the platform shoes, i'm just confused by the sizing since its mens. any idea how to convert those to women sizes? ;(

all your autumn stuff is amazing by the way, hugely inspiring!

Eiffel In Seoul said...

I love your blog, you write amazing stuff!

A La Mode said...

Amazing! That dress has to be mine! I was kinda hoping that because it was ASOS it would be cheaper but it is YUM!
I need some good scarfs too, they make an outfit more interesting xxx

Anonymous said...

i do the same thing every season to figure out what to buy. those oxford creepers are super cool, will start searching for more platform shoes in the same vein..

TIRED MARGOT said...

lovely blog ♥








drinkteabecontent.blogspot.com
xoxo

Vitrinen said...

The fur-bag is so coool. Have you seen the one that MK or Ashley Olsen has? Look at olsenanonymous, it is so beautiful made by tibet-lambfur.

Cool:-)

Anonymous said...

I wish i could find some totally rad platforms. so hard...

samichami.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

thekatzenjammerkid: looks like they are womens:
http://www.swear-london.com/shopping/women/item3017341.aspx

for some reason, the link i had before was mens. but i'd ask the swear people if you have ?s