May 06, 2010

Color marriage




Charles Anastase Fall '10, Ann-Sofie Back Fall '08, Miu Miu Fall '10

In my early art school days we studied the color wheel, and came up with color schemes for projects based around complimentary, analogous, and tertiary colors. I had this project senior year where I spent hours trying to find a really striking combo for the branding of a fictional boutique, eventually going with a hot pink and rusty nail color, which to this day I still think looks fresh! The two color combos above (red/aqua + orange/purple) are some I'm feeling these days.

4 comments:

Hal E. Liebling said...

Oh my ... the blue/red is really striking, and not in a weird american flag way.

HALCOHOLIC.com

Ally said...

love these colour combinations. I also really like pale blue with burgundy. Charles Anastase is so good with colour

T said...

Your blog is amazing. I'm in love. Thank you for sharing.

Jeanne-Ange said...

I'm so obsessed with colored hair at the momet. Woul love to hair something really weird in my hair like green haha. Not quite sure yet...

xx lafille