May 17, 2010

The devil's doorway

I have so many t-shirts I forget about and then "rediscover" during hasty pull-an-outfit together sessions when I reach my hand all the way in the bottom of my drawer and wear whatever I find. I think when Uniqlo first opened in NYC a few years ago, I was buying their t-shirts left and right because they're only $15 and I couldn't resist some of the designs. So I've accumulated quite a few by now, like this one with a cluster of illustrated ghouls and goblins I wore on Friday night. I love wearing clashing prints of the same color so I paired it with this vintage word print skirt I got from Dog in Tokyo. It's awesomely tacky with words like "power", "diva", "strong", and "gentle" (??). It's gotta be from the 80s! The jacket is a knockoff Rick Owens I randomly stumbled across on ebay a while ago- it's pretty legit until you feel it!




t-shirt, Uniqlo; skirt, vintage from Dog; jacket, knockoff Rick Owens; boots, Robert Clergerie; ring, Surface2Air; evil eye necklace, gift from grandmother

8 comments:

Leslie said...

fierce. that's a hella convincing knock off. i scrolled past it and was like JEALOUS, and then had to go back to give it another look after you said it was fake

Adele Sliuzas said...

Love the orangey-red hue of your lips!

jenn. said...

knock off Rick Owens from ebay! yesyes. mine's pretty good, and feels good, but the lining is green... I don't care; it's one of the most amazing things I own, knock off or not (and less than 10% of the real one's price!)
jenn.x

Six Six Sick said...

That knockoff Rick Owens is super legit looking. And the skirt is hilarious. Love it.

xx
Tiffany

THE DIVINITUS said...

nice looking ro alternative.

amythewolf said...

yeah im lovin it just like those mcdonalds commercials yo. dang you a dime ma. xx
amy

Samantha Smikle said...

love the jacket! love knock-offs! hahha

and love love love that lip on you! great color, girlie!
s
x

etoilee8 said...

I've searched high and low on eBay for a knock off Rick Owens jacket. Even a cloth cotton one in black would be fine by me. No such luck. You know as soon as I finish typing this I'm going back to ebay immediately . . .