May 09, 2010

Plastic Baskets

Walking alone on a windy day, my eye fixates on a single plastic grocery bag fluttering above the street. I realize I'm having a moment parallel with that scene in American Beauty where the bag gets caught in a wind tunnel, swirling about in the air with a pile of leaves, like "a little kid begging me to play with it." NY-based Josh Blackwell also sees the beauty in these everyday mass-produced disposable objects, using the bags as canvases to apply delicate embroidery in simple patterns. Like a wise someone once said, "one man's trash is another man's treasure." I want to not only admire these creations in person, but would love to have one to carry around myself!

















6 comments:

Hal E. Liebling said...

So awesome dude! I totally get the dollar tree one, especially.

HALCOHOLIC.com

goodbyestockholm said...

I adore these!!!

t. said...

luhh that idea

noirohio vintage said...

i wonder how hard this would be to do without tearing the whole damn thing!

Suzanne said...

This is one of the coolest things i've seen when it comes to recycling (in a way)

nice!

Rackk and Ruin said...

way too much fun!!!