January 30, 2009

In a galaxy far, far away

I honestly hadn't heard of Belgian designer Cathy Pill before but I will never forget that name after seeing her spring collection. These are the kind of dresses I think most women would feel great in. Pill's smart use of draping and intricate graphic patterns are the designer's trademark, and as you can see, her use of color is just phenomenal. A lot of her inspiration, I learned, comes from the Art Nouveau architecture of her native city, not to mention Pill studied with some of the greats after school, including A.F. Vandevorst and Vivienne Westwood.



5 comments:

Lucy said...

both of those dresses on the top row are so amazing. god. I really love galaxy prints for sure.

Giselle said...

that black one might actually convince me to wear a dress hemmed below my knees lol

KATLIN said...

Really feeling those prints!! I loved her prints and the asymmetrical looks the best. There was that one black turtleneck with no sleeve and then a 3/4 sleeve on the other side.

Amanda said...

yeah she is a print genius...love it all

Michael said...

Really great print

Thanks
Japanese Fashion