January 17, 2009

McQ Alexander McQueen for Target

So most of us didn't expect much for the McQ line for Target because the first looks we saw back in November were kind of blah to put it nicely. It didn't get anyone excited. Well, brace yourself. I was lucky to get my hands on the lookbook a bit early (thanks Leila!) and I've made a few picks for you guys. Overall, I'm more impressed than I expected and stoked he did a bikini! Considering it's a diffusion line of a diffusion line, it didn't turn out so bad. In fact, I see more things I want than most of the other Target collections thus far, but that could be due largely in fact to the prominence of a certain color. Most pieces are priced $30-$50 so they will have no problem getting rid of this stuff come March, but I don't see many folks going to a bargain superstore to spend $130 on a piece of clothing (the leather vest).

















8 comments:

Ian Brown said...

It's actually a lot better than I expected from the original images. Where are those horrible tee shirts?

KATLIN said...

Holy wow-ly moley! This looks verrry promising!

danae said...

so, the real question is....are we camping out at target soon? I usually dont que up for any of these target collabos, i just trust in fate and hope when im randomly online or in a wierd suburb that something will be hanging on the rack. But this is different- this is McQueen....

Amanda said...

yeah there were several looks that had ugly screen-printed cheapy looking tees that i didn't post. these are just my faves out of the whole lookbook. danae-i'd feel silly lining up at a target but i bet if we went the first day to one we'd get some stuff.

Lucy said...

wow wow this looks waaay better than those first shots! I love that shiny trench coat and the drapey dress.

and amanda- i did your tag, though i broke the rules a little!

DDW said...

These are actually pretty sick! Target has kind of let me down on most of their designer collections, so we'll see...

Great blog!

Christina Renee said...

I think I can honestly say that all of this will be mine, oh yes...it WILL be mine

psychic predictions said...

Simply gorgeous!
psychic predictions