January 21, 2009

Cheap Monday + WKND Concept Store



As if New High (M)art and Welcome Hunters wasn't enough to make me envy you LA folks, now you are getting a pop-up shop marking the US debut of Cheap Monday's WKND line, which I should clarify isn't available outside Sweden or Denmark, not even online. When I was in Stockholm last year, I got to see all the Weekday collections in person, and I really wanted to take everything home with me. The designs are fresh, and the garments are comfortable and affordable...what else could you ask for?

The complete Cheap Monday and WKND collections will be housed at Choose Chinatown, a new concept store created by the owners of Welcome Hunters and Lions Den. The store will also carry Cheap Monday's other lines, Kostym and L.L. Vintage. I'd say LA's Chinatown is turning into quite the fashion mecca...I may just have to book a flight over there this year.




The WKND SS09 collection, designed by Peter Jansson, invokes images of destruction in the form of earthquakes, flooding, typhoons, and volcanoes....very much a sign of the times.



3 comments:

M E L I $ $ A said...

i need that Over My Dead Body shirt. so fucking badly! good look!!

dustydress said...

whoa- thats awesome its one of my favorite stores here in stockholm- cant wait to go to their fall 09/10 show next week!

t. said...

yups..that store is great! i want all the wknd pieces