January 26, 2009

Zakka

Last week I was freelancing at a studio in Dumbo and I figured it was a good chance to visit Zakka, one of my favorite stores in NYC. I hadn't been there since they moved out of Soho, which was well over a year ago. Their new space is much larger and pretty much paradise for graphic designers, toy collectors, and the magazine obsessed. I think I spent a good hour in there just flipping through books and picking up everything. I definitely recommend visiting if you hoard magazines like I do. They carry some harder to find Japanese titles like FRUITS, Tune, Nylon Japan, and +81, and it's also a good place to find gifts like odd magnets and tote bags. Dumbo might be small, but if you find yourself with some time to kill, it's worth heading down there.





6 comments:

Lucy said...

OH MY GOD. that looks like the best shop ever. ever.

Anonymous said...

OMGGGGGGG USED TO GO HERE ALL THE TIME FRESHMAN YEAR! I ALSO got lost all the time like in the border of little italy/chinatown hahahha
good to know we are both nyc/brooklyn girls.

Amanda said...

yes!!!! love it there.

laia. said...

how sad is it that i worked in DUMBO for a year and never heard of this shop before? :(

Amanda said...

oh my gosh laia! you have to go...it's tucked away off jay street but easy to find.

Marina said...

that looks kind of amazing.
it warrants a jump over Lake Ontario.