February 07, 2010

Optical phenomenon

Remember that freaky beetle keychain I picked up on St. Marks Place in the fall? Well, I thought it was a waste to have such a cool thing as a keychain- I mean, it's not like middle school when you showcase them on your backpack zippers next to band patches and your friends' graffiti. So I put it on a necklace and it's now in heavy rotation.


top, Uniqlo; necklace, diy; pants, Orphan; pony hair belt, Uniqlo; double finger ring, Surface to Air



The necklace looks cool against this black & white gridded top I just found at Uniqlo. It instantly reminded me of a very similar print from Dries' Spring 09 collection. The main difference is if you look real close, the squares look like they were drawn with a sharpie...which I think is awesome.



This Jil Sander dress has a lot of the same colors in it as the Japanese beetle- Yui made the same observation! I can't help myself lately with the foil/metallic/wrapping paper obsession either.


A lot of the Proenza Schouler accessories this season have cool coloring like iridescent bugs. I want those shades, but maybe I'll hold out and stalk Loehmann's where I found my last Proenza Schoules sunglasses on the cheap.

2 comments:

Matea said...

LOVE the iridescent. I just got myself a lucite bangle with those beetles in it. Proenza Schouler's accessories are mad...

A La Mode said...

That beetle green is my favourite colour in the whole world!