February 07, 2010

Walkin' tall against the rain

I wrote about PHI's chic tough girl Spring '10 collection back in September and ironically I had titled that post "The final chapter", not knowing the label would announce they were shutting down a few months later. I work right by their flagship store in NY so when I heard they were having a huge closing sale last week, I had to stop by. I was pretty overwhelmed with the clothes and instead focused my time on acquiring a pair of these monster metal heels once I spotted two huge boxes of them. There were samples in black and white and I managed to fish out my size in the color and style I wanted. The style that was actually produced had a peep toe, but I much preferred the closed toe sample after trying both on. I seriously don't know when I will get around to wearing these things, but at $50 I couldn't say no!





23 comments:

Carly J. Cais said...

Argh! I so wish I was in NY last week for the sale! I saw a pair of these on Ebay (the ivory version) and I was so tempted to buy, but they were a little bigger than my size so I decided to let them go. They were sold for $38!! I wish I could find the black ones like you have, so utterly awesome.

Please post a piccy of you wearing them, I'd love to see them on!
xoxox
Carly

http://chicsteals.blogspot.com

the disaster life said...

these are amazing. what a lucky find.

Amanda said...

i definitely will carly! i was too lazy to put together an outfit to do them justice, but soon i promise.

Lucy in the Sky said...

only $50!?!?!?!? What a steal!! and I love your tattoo!

Kat said...

oh my god there flawless i wish i couldve picked up a pair of them.. if only i lived in new york (sigh) someday!
xx

thetrashedfashion.com

Six Six Sick said...

ACK! I'm so jealous you got those! I wanted a pair, but of course, they never make runway samples in a 36. They had sooo so many good shoes.

xx
Tiffany

James said...

Fifty bucks!? Score... lucky you.

laia. said...

UM WHAT?
is this shit still going on?
those are so insanely epic.

OnePerfectMorning said...

$50? Are you freaking kidding me? I was obsessed with those shoes when they were on colette last season and they were soooooo pricy! any left? would you ever want to send some over if they were any left? I'll put money on your paypal and send you australian magazines? pretty please?

yui said...

omggg SCORE. congratulations!!!!!!

OnePerfectMorning said...

thanks a bunch!

Sarah A. said...

WHOA!

pink horrorshow said...

my friend scored the same pair for the same sweet price! I'm ashamed that I was too lazy to fight the cold and check out the sale :/

noirohio vintage said...

woah. those are awesome!

josephine said...

WOW jealous!

dirtyflaws said...

shut the fuck up - these are the best

Ally said...

wow. this makes me want to move to new york asap

Anonymous said...

I got the same shoes!

They are ridiculously tall..think I'll just use them as apt decor for now! :)

Jessie

3253128 said...

arrgh killing me softly amanda, killing me softly

Rackk and Ruin said...

$50! no way. . .

Rachel said...

i got those too! they're so heavy... but i love them!

THE DIVINITUS said...

wow.

william said...

$50?!?!!? Damn girl! Amaaaaazing find. I wish I had heard they were having a closing sale, I've been absolutely devastated that they went out of business.