February 27, 2010

You go in shadows



There's never a Jil Sander collection that passes me by that I don't relate to in some way. Raf chose a sci-fi soundtrack with Lara Croft: Tomb Raider sound bytes at Jil Sander today, which totally worked and made these girls seem so powerful. Had the hair been styled differently, I could picture Mazzy Star playing too, as the simplicity and plaids Raf used from early 90s Sander put it in that territory.



My favorite looks were definitely the one pieces. The little knit rompers are adorable, and I could really see myself wearing one of them. They are just so romantically modern...what the Jil Sander brand is all about.



I'm not a big bag person, but I love the shape of this handbag, the supple leather, and the wide strap...total perfection. Also, proof that peek-a-boo back is sexy as hell, here's the middle jumpsuit from the first image from behind. No cleavage can trump this.



I have routine searches I do on ebay, and amongst this obsessive compulsive typing of words, tends to be "Jil Sander boots." Season after season, more of these timeless modern shapes are released into the world. I know I'd get SO much use out of these flat velcro mid-calf boots and will likely stalk them when fall rolls around.

pc: style.com

6 comments:

Hal E. Liebling said...

amanda i loooooved this collection. jil sander rarely fails. i just ordered some sandals from s/s '10. those boots you pictured are ace in so many ways.

halcoholic.com

Unknown said...

I loved the plaid mini-dresses...somehow this collection didn't seem as sharp (as in pointy, not focused) as previous seasons. Maybe it was the more lush wools.

But one thing I must point out: slight camel toe action on some of the onesies. I don't know if this is just the models caught in mid-stride...

Eli said...

that onesie is so cool I think, like a wet suit, but in real fabric

THE DIVINITUS said...

love those boots...

California Mama said...

Does anyone know where/how to buy those fabulous black Jil Sander mid-calf boots, shown with much of the Winter 2011 collection. The boots have leather tabs at the instep, closed with velcro. I've searched several high-end stores and online sites, but can only find a tall biker boot with buckles. Thanks for your help!

Amanda said...

i'm looking for them too! i don't think they are in stores yet.. probably by end of august.