February 14, 2010

Vapor barrier



I had some time to kill the other night before my friend's fashion week presentation, so I stopped by the Barneys' black hole sale to scope out the goods. First impressions: shoes not so great this time around, same old stuff; also didn't really see any of the coveted japanese designers I always look for (Comme + Watanabe), except for like 2 Yohji pieces that were still priced astronomically high. So I strolled over to the RTW/Co-opy section and spotted what looked to be a foil dress from afar, which turned out to be a two-tone metallic number made of tyvek! It's by this designer called Pipit, a one man operation run by Dustin Horowitz out of his studio in Brooklyn (and exclusively sold at Barneys).


tyvek dress, Pipit; cut-out pants, Topshop; vintage platforms, Steve Madden; watch, Casio

The racerback tank dress is a silhouette Dustin repeatedly uses in his designs, switching up the fabrics or patterns each season, like lace, plaid or paper (the collection my dress was from). I look forward to see how Dustin's aesthetic evolves and I like the concept behind the label a lot, so I'll be keeping a close watch on Pipit for sure.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) very cool outfit!

visit my new blog: http://mademoiselletamtam.wordpress.com/

Hal E. Liebling said...

oh man girl, you outdid yourself with that dress! it's sooo bad-ass.

halcoholic.com

Zoe Salaun said...

i saw that dress when i went there today!
www.cleanex-z.blogspot.com

Obscura said...

Great shoes!!!