March 23, 2010

All natural

When I think of Robert Clergerie shoes, my mind tends to go to his black architectural boot styles first (much like these). I mean that's why I love the guy's shoes so much! A complete change of pace for spring though are these "Naya" raffia platform flats I recently came across on Zappos, which Clergerie originally released in 1990! They look like the perfect non-sandal summer shoe, comfy as hell, and because they are made from raffia (a species of palm), they are cruelty free too.



*Edit
Not long after I posted the shoes above, I learned via Twitter that Clergerie has collaborated with Opening Ceremony on some equally sweet footwear, with the same raffia platform! It looks like there's 4 colors up on the site now (unless more styles are coming?), but I'm set with the polka dots...top of the wish list, thanks OC!

4 comments:

bravegrrl said...

kinda love these :)

xo
bravegrrl.blogspot.com

Hal E. Liebling said...

oh, i love them. i'm not sure what i'd wear them with, but they're pretty sweet.

HALCOHOLIC.com

laia. said...

kind of amaze?
loving the polka dot.

Ally said...

I was looking at these on Opening Ceremony a few days ago and thought they were great, didn't realise they were a collab with Clergerie though, that is mad! OC are too good