March 09, 2010

Green gorilla

I just returned from the magical land of Tokyo yesterday and have tons I'd like to share, but bear with me as I'll probably be disoriented all week from the long flight. I thought I'd start with some of the amazing things I picked up over there. Wandering around Harajuku looking for interesting shops, I stumbled upon one called Dog that was down a flight of ominous stairs leading to a shop blaring chest-pounding bass. I was greeted with rack after rack of very rare and very interesting vintage & one-of-a-kind current pieces-- certainly the source of many outfits that line the pages of Fruits (and I'm positive I've seen the store name in credits before). Since I found Dog early on in my stay in Tokyo, I decided to hold out on getting anything except this clear pregnant keychain that was too insane not to buy.



After a few days of wandering around the city some more, I couldn't get this one ultra-hairy green mohair sweater out of my head I had seen days earlier at Dog. So I went back and got it and so glad I did. These pictures don't do it justice- you have to see and feel it in person! I look forward to experimenting with different tops or nothing underneath.


trying my hand at a brighter version of the Balenciaga blue eyebrows...


sweater, whowhat via Dog; nude tank, Uniqlo; skirt, H&M; cut-out pants, Topshop; necklace, DIY/Canal St; shoes, Unbilical

On my last day, I had a few hours to spare before my flight, so I thought I'd search for shoe store Tokyo Bopper, which thankfully was very easy to find. I knew the shoes I wanted right away and after trying them on and seeing how comfortable and easy they were to walk in despite the large platform, it was a done deal. They are by Unbilical, one of two brands that are designed and exclusively sold by Tokyo Bopper.





Yama (who works at Bopper) was very helpful, and kindly let me photograph her as well after I obliged to be snapped for their blog wearing my purchase.



Apparently she has fuzzy sweater syndrome too!

13 comments:

Kylie said...

You are seriously KILLING me with this outfit, girl! The sweater! Th shoes! The EYEBROW!!!?? Hoooow? How did you do it, I tried and could NOT get mine anywhere near as bright!

Also, that's so cool you got to meet Yama! I remembered that post you did on her, that woman knows how to dress!

<3<3<3

t. said...

yayyy!!!

Ally said...

Wowwwwww! This is all too too good. First that keyring is so insane, it would make a great necklace. Then the jumper and the coloured eyebrows and the SHOES!!! I'm
in awe. I need to get to japan asap. Can't wait to hear/see more

joy said...

That sweater coat is out of this world. I am a bigger fan of those shoes.

JD
iplayfaves.blogspot.com

Monique R. said...

the pregnant keychain!!!!!

Amanda said...

thx guys! kylie- i saw the makeup at balenciaga:
http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010/fashionshows/F2010RTW/BALENCIA/DETAILS/00170m.jpg

and decided to try it with a blue powder shadow by Jane..i just used a thin brush, wetted it and did about 2-3 coats per brow to get it that bright!

Lisa said...

Those shoes are rockin' my world at the moment and the shaggy top - well done missy - looking great!

yui said...

SICK SHOEZZZ!

laia. said...

yo whaaaaat? eyebrows! amaze
and those shoes are SICK

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

that sweater is awesome. and THOSE SHOES. wowowowowowow.

A La Mode said...

That keychain is amazing! The blue eyebrows could definately merge with the daylook.

noirohio vintage said...

that green sweater is amazing! annnd so are your shoes!

Fashion Hayley said...

OMG just noticed the sweater. I was going to by it in purple at the Koenji Dog (you can see it in my blog poast about the store) but when I went back it had been sold :( I'm going to Harajuku Dog today as maybe they have some more.