March 26, 2010

Rocky road

I dedicate this post to my bud Jess who always posts the BEST pics of rocks and minerals and cleverly ties them into her daily experiences. I realized in a matter of a few days, I had bookmarked all these rock-related things so it must mean something! Rocky days ahead? I'm going to have mountainous adventures this summer? I have a hard head? Whatevs, this stuff is cool beans to me.


Cosmic Wonder Light Source made these awesome aquamarine stone necklaces that can be found at Doshaburi.

I love the print on this Wood Wood "biometry" tee. It's from a few seasons ago so it's marked down to a sweet price now (bummer shipping to the US is so much though).

I recently came across artist Carly Waito who does these stunning detailed oil paintings of colorful mineral specimens. You can see more on her flickr, and Carly recently outlined her process you can read about here. She let me know she is currently making new stuff for a show opening at Narwhal Art Projects in Toronto this summer so keep an eye out for that.


The rope used in these sandals looks similar to what a rock climber uses! They are from the latest Bernhard Willhelm for Camper Together collection you can see in action during the Spring 2010 show and I'm considering scooping these up when they hit stores.

7 comments:

Anonymous Agent said...

This is an amazing post, thanks for pointing out Carly's process. That is pretty awesome.

yui said...

ahhhh berrrn sandalssssss <3

Anonymous said...

Those shoes remind me of these v westwood ones...
heres a link
http://img714.yfrog.com/i/dsc03058pa.jpg/
-Matea

Amanda said...

matea, i've never seen those westwood ones! pretty cool.. i've been really into thick tied sandals like this lately (hence the bless ones i got recently)

Hal E. Liebling said...

Those necklaces are out of this world. So gorgeous; a really unusually elegant accessory.

HALCOHOLIC.com

Unknown said...

ya, love me a rock necklace!!

Anonymous said...

hello
i love your blog! do you know who will carry those willhelm x camper sandals?!? please email me!

lsdmetal@gmail.com