November 01, 2009

Exposed brick



I was walking around in Soho the other day when I stopped to snap the above picture. I was captivated by the message of a fashion advertisement presented in this way and of course the clothes made me just stop in the middle of the sidewalk. The stunning graphic brick and grass prints should have been a clue but it wasn't until I uploaded the photos and zoomed in to see the tiny print at the bottom that said "Salvor Projects." Of course! I think I was relieved to know these were real clothes and not just an art project pasted up around town.



They turned out to be images of their Spring 2010 range which is looking super impressive. The Salvor folks have a way that is all their own of giving a graphic quality to the most natural patterns, and making graphic photos and imagery (as seen in their Fall 09 scarves particularly) look soft, but still powerful. Oversized silk dresses and loose architectural tops couldn't look cooler against the city landscape, and make perfect sense for the sticky season.











I'm glad to see their gi-normous scarves sticking around, because I'm a big fan of the huge prints and idea of wearing a scarf in a million ways (take that American Apparel)!




8 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow, I love the collection. The graphics and draping are gorgeous!

jack bespoke said...

love the graphics and the colors, esp the hair color...wow. beautiful!

bespok.com

yui said...

awesome i was just thinking i need some brick print in my life!!

Trista said...

I love when a chance encounter leads you to something amazing. I'm not usually a fan of prints in general, but they got it right. Thanks for sharing!

M E L I $ $ A said...

wow really cool shit!

Nickie Frye said...

I LOVE the tiger scarf, oh my gosh!! The grass shirt is also totally crucial. The oversized dresses look really fresh to me right now. Thanks for posting this. I had never heard of this designer before! xoxo www.nickiefrye.etsy.com

market publique said...

I love ginormous scarves too! That one with the tiger looks rad.

amythewolf said...

this red head chick is killin it. feelin that shot of her against the red wall ***like whoaaaa

yo - why do i think it's funny that the word verification for this comment is "scriv"