November 19, 2009

You brought jokes?

Daniel Palillo was one of the first designers I wrote about here, way back in Spring of '08. What drew me to Daniel's work then was his sense of humor that he consistently expressed through big silhouettes and prominent graphic prints. Fast forward to his upcoming Spring line, and it's the same elements that wow me again. Simply titled Renaissance, the collection dances around with court jester foolery complete with Palillo's go-to polka dot and yin-yang motifs.





It took me a second to...ahem..wrap my head around what the lookbook reminded me of with the twisted necks and backwards poses, and then it came to me- Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her. If you've never seen it, add it to the list.



3 comments:

Katlin said...

that spiky number would make for an excellent chic little dinosaur!

Ria said...

I must say his designs are truly comfortable!

I adore that slashed nude dress.

aniko said...

Wow! I want these pulls all!!! Comfy and edgy...