November 11, 2008

Magazine addict

It's no secret to my friends that I have an unhealthy obsession with magazines, mostly of the fashion or design variety. I've slowed down recently but go on binges every now and again where I'll buy three European titles at once to "catch up." So when the NY Times Moment blog did this post on a new magazine shop in Berlin called Do You Read Me, my eyes lit up. This shop sounds like it could blow even Universal News out of the water, stocking the world's best art, design, fashion, style and culture titles, some of which I haven't even seen here. They have fully browsable stock (no shrinkwrap), ample room to sit while you figure out what's worth buying, and the shop is well designed—well worth a visit if you find yourself in one of the coolest cities in Europe.

**Update: more pics and info thanks to iheartberlin.de

3 comments:

mama caramba! said...

A dream vacation spot, haha!
I've 28 mag subscriptions, but half of which are complimentary.

Amanda said...

wow...i need to subscribe to my faves and save myself some $

Alter said...

I love magazines as well. that store is so dreamy!