November 05, 2008

Kaws Solo Show in NYC

I'm stoked to announce that this Thursday, world famous Brooklyn-based artist Kaws will host a solo show at Gering & López Gallery in NYC. As cliche as it sounds, this guy is BIG in Japan. He opened his own store in Tokyo two years ago called Original Fake, where he releases new products weekly. I have mad respect for this guy as a fellow creative, because he has successfully blurred the lines between fine art and mass produced merchandise, allowing his vision to reach a much wider audience.



But aside from that, his work kicks ass and if I had the dough, I'd have a huge Kaws painting hanging on my wall right now. There will be an opening reception from 6-8pm on Thursday featuring some of his recent paintings and sculptures incorporating his usual cast of characters. I'm sure the opening will be crazy but if you can't make that, the show will be up till December 23.

No comments: