January 07, 2010

Seeing double

Junya Watanabe's Spring 2004 collection is a polka dot-filled visual on repeat when I think about his work. I revisited it again after coming across a dress from that season on ebay (which I recently won and will share once it's in my hands), realizing I never really looked at the detail shots on style.com. I'm so into the eyes! I ran out of my black liquid liner this week and decided to try a new kind this time- so I went with a Maybelline liner that allows you to get more precise when you're tracing your eye. I plan on attempting this boomerang effect- watch out weekend here I come!



Having just moved into a new apartment, I've been thinking a lot about furniture, space, and new art for our walls. As much as I'd love to own a piece by Tauba Auerbach, particularly one of her large static prints, I do not have 8 grand to put towards art anytime soon. While searching around for everything Tauba, I hit myself on the head and instantly clicked over to Amazon when I discovered that this Comme des Garcons SHIRT ad I've oggled over before (and posted on my tumblr a while back) was designed by her AND printed in the Oct 2008 issue of Vanity Fair. I'm waiting for the magazine to arrive, and already have a fantastic Muji frame waiting to be christened with the ad art. Once our place is set up, maybe I'll pull a Selby on myself.



With moving often comes a desire to organize better, or at least more creatively in my case. I have acquired a lot of necklaces in the past few years, so while looking for an alternative to just putting a nail in the wall, I found this ear hook from UO that I had to have. They are on sale for 5 bones now so I just might get another. Maybe one day I'll amputate a mannequin hand as another alternative (kidding!...no i'm not!)



This is a glove-shaped bag from Margiela that I saw on ebay a few months ago. I watch a lot of things for kicks that I know I won't buy or don't need. Would you believe this ended around $1400?? I was in shock. Anyway, glad I saved a pic because I want to find some good men's leather gloves and the other materials to craft my own eventually. If you think this is strange, have you seen D&G's glove headpieces from Fall 09?

11 comments:

Lucinda said...

That bag/glove is quite curious. I suppose you'd need two to make it work.

www.thriftandthread.potduck.com

Amanda said...

nope i think just one to make one! the glove already is sewn to hold things. of course you buy gloves in a pair though so you could make two bags!

Efren Avila said...

That purse is so Charming.....It's so genius!

♥ MADISON thing

http://madisonthingdesign.blogspot.com

Andrew said...

love the glove bag, what a cool idea

Andrew said...

love the glove bag, what a cool idea

Hal E. Liebling said...

that glove bag is pretty incredible, but $1400 is outrageous! and i love the junya watanabe stuff this season.

http://www.halcoholic.com

taylor said...

Instead of a mannequin hand, check out Harry Allen's REALITY series:
http://areaware.com/proddetail.asp?prod=hargr&CatID=10&subCatID=61

Amanda said...

woah taylor, that hand hook is amazing

Anonymous said...

That bag is awesome and it probably wouldn't be THAT hard to make... you should totally do it!! I bet you can find some sick leather gloves on Ebay for cheap.

Ally said...

Those ear hooks are so so good! As is everything in this post. The glove bag is genius, although not $1400 genius. DIY for sure. Can't wait to see the Junya dress!

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

i think you need these.

http://www.aplusrstore.com/product.php?id=73&cid=24