January 30, 2010

Off the grid

Once São Paulo fashion week came and went, I took a stroll around the webs to see what went down. I came across this designer with the most pleasant name, Maria Bonita. Clicking through the looks in her fall '10 show, I couldn't help but feel like I had been transported to the early 00's- a time when minimalist looks with sharp tailoring and modern shapes ruled the catwalk. Maria's vision was something like this, but felt more now, more full of life, and definitely more Brazil. Her collection was actually inspired by late architect Lina Bo Bardi, who favored the ideals of modernism and retained a sense of raw materiality in her work. The resulting homage to Bardi was a well-executed collection of monochromatic designs, visible grids that revealed the skin in different ways, and casual asymmetry. The styling, which included nothing more than parted hair with a single colored line and matching wool slip-ons, couldn't have been more complimentary.














images via Lilian Pacce

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

um GORGEOUS. love the first red one.

Unknown said...

This is stunning :)
Great blog.
I'm now following you please check out my blog and I hope that you can follow me back :)
Emma x

http://fashionwonderlandx.blogspot.com/

AAAAA said...

its a little bit TV/Alpha60. lovely

amythewolf said...

im feelin those blue shits

nmacleod said...

just breath taking!