January 13, 2010

Theres space for ol dat I see

This is day-old news for those of you who snort music blogs, but just had to say: M.I.A. IS BAAAAAAAAAAACK! She just posted this video yesterday on her twitter featuring a track called Space Odyssey that she produced with Rusko. It was apparently made as a response to this questionable NY Times article that listed Sri Lanka as the #1 place to visit in 2010 (Maya is a Sri Lankan refugee herself). She's been in the studio since having a baby boy last year and her new album should be out by the summer- so stoked.



Maya looks gorgeous in this month's Vogue working an "Iranian-American princess/Sade look" complete with a Tom Binns cuff, and bathroom tile nails hooked up by Valley NYC. Peep the article to read more about her music plans this year, and interesting bits like her love of Bed-Stuy 99 cent stores, where she finds supplies to fashion imitation Margiela looks.




images via tfs

2 comments:

A La Mode said...

Oh my god, I love M.I.A so much!
I thought she had no other album plans so this is great news!

Samantha Smikle said...

i have this tear on my closet. i was at her show in mcclarren park. heart M.I.A the most! hahah
sx