January 18, 2010

Dot your i's

We were blessed with a just-kidding-it's-not-really-spring-yet day Saturday, so I put on my '04 Junya Watanabe dress right after retrieving it from the post office and ran outside. So stoked on it! I'm not one to obsess over mimicking the runway, but the way this was shown that season is pretty convincing...in regards to wearing it with pants at least. It's almost necessary as this thing is tricky to wear alone otherwise (hello transparency!). I'm wearing the dress with my newly acquired Jil Sander for Uniqlo khaki jacket I got last week from the just-launched spring collabo. The collection was definitely jacket-heavy, but I went straight for this particular one because it's trademark Jil "no frills", and not quite a trench, but trench-like, not to mention I LIVE for snap buttons...so much fun. I'm looking forward to the other two mini-installments due in stores over the next month or two- a sales girl said it would be mainly "basics" so we'll see.




dress, Junya Watanabe; pants, BDG; jacket, Jil Sander for Uniqlo; shoes, Robert Clergerie Espace; bag, Zucca; necklace, made from an earring found on Canal St.

7 comments:

Kylie said...

This dress was an EBAY find??! Hmmmm, I have no luck with finding designer on ebay. Good on ya! The dress is just amazing. Sheer and polka dots... what's not to love?

<3<3<3

DDW said...

I'm nuts about those Clergeries! I got a pair of Chelsea boots, finally, and have been wearing them into the ground.

Katlin said...

dang, i got really excited at your outfit because i know you live in new york, and i was thinking, wow, it doesn't look very cold... but then i read the text! i'm moving there in a few days & hoping that i can brave the cold since i've been spoiled with island weather my whole life!

Amanda said...

yeah we had nice weather on saturday and today. the rest of this week won't be too bad either...cool but not frigid. i'm sure it'll go back to freezing windchills soon though!

THE DIVINITUS said...

liking those dots...

Ally said...

Great dress and jacket! That is one excellent ebay find

Wends said...

i love your shoooes :)
whole outfit actually,

and i totally know what you mean about the pervy baby peach jokes!! It was asking for it.