April 08, 2010

The Global Traveller

I just picked up the new issue of i-D and was stoked to see the always amazing MariaCarla starring in not one, but TWO editorials. i-D always packs a punch with fresher than a crisp head of lettuce "very now" styling, but this one feels especially perfect for spring. Spring is where you evaluate your wardrobe, remix, renew and take from the past. In this case, it's a well-cultured, global free spirit who may or may not have borrowed from her rave & festival-going days. I can totally relate! I definitely dig the hair too- if I were to do a bang again, it would be a jaggedy number like MariaCarla is rocking here.



















Model: Mariacarla Boscono
Photographer: Paola Kudacki
Stylist: Havana Laffitte
Makeup: Tyron Machhausen
Hair: Peter Gray

images via Women Management

13 comments:

Katlin said...

those platform sandals! reminds me of (a next-level version) of what old japanese women wear to shuffle around in.

Amanda said...

totally!! i love them

t. said...

whoa this is creepy!!! it's like my whole wardrobe for the past month... love it. as if i was part of the styling team. something in the air... miss you.. package soon i promise... been busy.

xx

yui said...

TOOOOO GOOOOOD, i know what you mean t, i mix lo fi and hi tech stuff like this too. did u scan these amanda? is it ok if i repost some?

Unknown said...

shit all of these prints are killing me..

Amanda said...

Yui, i didn't scan them- they are from the women management blog (and they missed one image of her in miu miu!). of course repost!

Anonymous Agent said...

This is definitely a stronger editorial than you often see. THANK YOU i-D!

Hal E. Liebling said...

Incredible! Those Givenchy leggings are so amazing.

HALCOHOLIC.com

Matthew Spade said...

liking the creeper boots, the splash of acid wash pinkish colour reminds me of a jumper ive got. must dig it out now

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

those sandals! they're like bionic Teva platforms!

A La Mode said...

This is crazy, and I love it!

Anonymous said...

Great photos !

I love in particular the fifth,
I like the details, the colors and texture of the pants ...

Sister Wolf said...

No wonder everyone loves her, she is gorgeous. But why does she have to show her boob??? Is the boob-showing now mandatory? I find this development in fashion editorials really depressing.