April 20, 2010

Happy 420


photo by Coen Peppelenbos

This image is from the Bernhard Willhelm & Jutta Kraus 10 year retrospective that just came down at Groninger Museum in the Netherlands. I wish I could have been there to see their amazing work contextualized with the elements of the childish grotesque world inside their heads. A sad face turned upside down when I found there's an accompanying book (488 pgs) that includes illustrations and an extensive overview of every collection the duo has produced in the last decade. It's already on its way (obviously I'm a big Willhelm fan!)...

7 comments:

Evelina said...

saw the book at the colette website, but was under the impression that it cost a lot more than that. definitely going to buy it now, bern is dope! thank you for the heads up!

Amanda said...

yeah can't believe it's so cheap either, for so many pages of pictures!

James said...

That is flippin' disturbing...

joy said...

Wilhelm is one of the first "new" designers I found out about in my search for fashion. I am also surprised at the price of the book. I will purchase it soon!

HAPPY 4twenty
JD
iplayfaves.blogspot.com

Hal E. Liebling said...

so incredible amanda, thanks for the photos.

HALCOHOLIC.com

Ally said...

I saw that book on the book depository but it didn't have much of a description so I left it and forgot to investigate further. It sounds AMAZING, and is so cheap, definitely adding to cart right now.

Lena Loginova said...

oh the book is great! i got it after the willhelm's exhibition in antwerp - you won't regret it for whatever the price is. and the older the pictures are, the more contemporary they seem to be - bernhard willhelm is one designer who is always ahead of his time!